August 25, 2008

I know the end is near

Lähtölaskenta alkaa alusta. The end is near but still not here.
*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIXg9KUiy00
The Sex Pistols, Sid Vicious - My Way
*
My Way (Sanat eroavat alkuperäisestä)

And now, the end is near
And so I face the final curtain
You cunt, i´m not a queer
I´ll state my case, of which i´m certain
I´ve lived a life that´s full
And each and every highway
And yet, much more than this
I did it my way

And yes, i´ve had a few
But then again, too few to mention
But dig, what I have to fo
I´ll see it through with no devotion
Of that, take care and just
Be careful along the highway
And more, much more than this
I did it my way

There were times, i´m sure you knew
When there was nothing fucking else to do
But through it all, when there was doubt
I shot it up or kicked it out
I fought the just as before
And did it my way

Knocked out in bed last night
I´ve had my fill, my share of looting
And now, the tears subside
I find it all so amusing
To think, I killed a cat
And may I say, oh no, not their way
But no, no, not me
I did it my way

For what is a brat, what has he got
When he finds out that he cannot
Say the things he truly thinks
But only the words, not what he feels
The record shows, i´ve got no clothes
And did it my way

1 comment:

Homo Garrulus said...

Ei ole. Eläke on lähellä ja sehän on ihana. Muu asia jatkaa vain jatkamistaan sillä maailma ei ole valmis eikä jääkään mihinkään. Mikä on minkäkin loppu on siis täysin oma päätös. Mutta silti ei saisi tappaa tai lopetuttaa minunlaisia ns. näkijöitä, sillä niitä on aina tarvittu. Ei se, joka tulee perässä kun logiikka on avattu ole se älykäs; se on vain se, joka vetää pisteet kotiin. Älykkyys on sitä, että tajuaa vaikka ei ole etukäteen opeteltu ja sivistyneisyys on sitä, että tallustetaan ja ollaan olevinaan kuten pingviinit. Pidetään asiat ja elämä vähän käden päässä; ei päästetä ihan lähelle. Mutta sivistys on kiva renki. Sen sijaan oikea elämä vaatii kunnon meininkiä: välillä vähemmän sivistynyttä että jaksaa olla niin hemmetin putsattu ja sivistynyt.
Touche?