December 23, 2007

Jussi Björling - O helga natt

Paras!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo75jFLjKaw
(Jussi Björling)
(The Perfect Tenor. A wonderful Christmas Song that is a glorious experience to listen to at any time of the year.)

Pari kommenttia Tuubista:

O Holy Night is my wife's and my favorite Christmas song. We own many versions of it, from Michael Crawford to Bing Crosby to David Phelps and everything in between.
This version, which I just found here on youtube about a week ago, destroys them all.
It is the best song, with the best orchestral arrangement, in the best voice I have ever heard.
We're Italian and love Pavarotti's Christmas songs, but Bjorling's performance here is...incomparable.
The final 1:30 is jaw-droppingly spectacular.

*
I am not a particularly religious man, being an atheist and all, yet I find myself seized with a sudden and overwhelming desire to pray... There is a God, Jussi be thy name.

*
As a fellow atheis I can only quote you.=)

5 comments:

david santos said...

Hello, Rauno.

I wish you a good end of 2007 and a good year of 2008.

Rauno Rasanen said...

Same to you, David.

PeeÄR-mies said...

R.R.
Hyvää Joulua & vuotta 2008.

Ps. Paras on The Golden Gate Quartetin versio ko. kappaleesta.

Ikävä vain, että sitä ei löytyne tuubesta - jos mistään -50 luvulta.

Rauno Rasanen said...

peeär-mies

Varmasti kyseessä on hieno versio, jonka haluaisin ehdottomasti kuulla, mutta Björlingin äänen korkeuden, soundin ja volyymin kliimaksi loppua kohti - etenkin viimeisessä säkeistössä - on 'mind-blasting'.
(kts. kommenttilisäykset)

Hyvää Joulua sinulle.

PeeÄR-mies said...

Sorry Rauno. Sekoitin kuuntelematta piisit.

Puhuin ymmärtämättömyydessäni "Silent night, holy night"-kappaleesta.